Are you a university student and working on a space related master thesis? Now you have the chance to compete for the prestigious NIFRO award 2024.
The Norwegian Industrial Forum for Space Activities, NIFRO, is a Norwegian industry organization formed to promote the interest and growth of the Norwegian space industry. Its members represent a broad range of companies in the Norwegian space industry.
The NIFRO award is a yearly award for the best space related master thesis. The goal is to strengthen the cooperation between Norwegian space industry and Norwegian academia.
A jury will select the winning master thesis based on several criteria. The thesis must demonstrate reflection, maturity, and analytical ability, it must have a value for Norwegian space industry, and the student must have the ability to view the thesis in a broader context.
The award is 20.000 NOK, and the winner will be presented at the annual NIFRO Space Dinner in Oslo.
How to submit your thesis
In order to be nominated, you must meet the following criteria:
- The thesis must either have been submitted to a Norwegian university, or by a Norwegian student at a foreign university, and be related to space technology or the space industry.
- The thesis must have been submitted and judged between September 2022 and September 2023.
- The thesis must be submitted with a 250-word executive summary.
- It must have been written in either Norwegian or English.
- The nomination form must be filled out correctly and submitted within the deadline.
- The nomination must be supported by a professor, who has either guided or judged the master thesis, or by a NIFRO member representative. The support is shown by a signature in the nomination form.
Submit your nomination by e-mail to email@example.com before November 15th, 2023.
The nomination must include the following documents:
- The NIFRO award nomination form (PDF/Word)
- The master thesis (PDF or Word-format)
- Optional: You may also include the censor’s assessment if you so wish
Questions about the price can be directed towards Andøya Space Education.